Ok, so in Part 1 of the story, we meet Jane who is living in the typical weight gaining cycle. (1-2 big meals, skipping breakfast, not enough sleep…perfect recipe for weight gain.) She has no energy and she has finally come to a point where she is ready to change something. So how does she get off of the dieter’s rollercoaster?
There are a few really easy things that she can incorporate:
- Eat breakfast! Skipping breakfast just makes you want to gorge once you finally get a chance to eat. And most likely it will not be a stellar food choice.
- Split up the calories. Let’s say that Jane was eating 2000 calories in her 2 meals. If she were to split that into 6 meals, it would help with weight loss.
- Multiple meals allows the blood sugar to remain stable and to feed the body when it is doing its everyday activities. (Just think of it like this. You would not fill up your gas tank AFTER you finished a trip or your errands.)
- GET SOME SLEEP! Being sleep deprived causes all kinds of issues that work against weight loss. You may make bad food decisions when you are hungry and it will throw off your hormones. Check out this article…http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain
- Plan and prep meals. This helps to mitigate the damage of “too tired to cook” or “I don’t know what I want so I will grab fast food.”
Doing these few things will help Jane with the weight gain. And then if she adds exercise to the mix, she will be on FIRE!!