So I know you have heard many times over about the importance of breakfast. This wonder meal is spoken of any time weight loss techniques are mentioned. But just in case you missed the memo:
- When you don’t eat breakfast, it sets you up to overeat the rest of the day.
- Your body thinks you are starving it, so it holds on to weight, (the opposite of weight loss.)
- Your energy drops making getting a good workout in nearly impossible.
- And if you do make it to the gym, your workout will probably be lackluster.
- Starving yourself may cause your body to draw on muscle for needed nutrients. (You need muscle!)
- When you’re hungry, you make bad food decisions. (i.e grabbing a cinnamon roll and latte’ instead of a real lunch)
I could probably go on and on and on with the reasons why it is bad to skip breakfast, but I think you get the point. I hear so many reasons why people don’t eat in the morning:
- “I’m not hungry in the morning.”
- “I don’t have time.”
- “I don’t know what to eat.”
- “Breakfast makes my stomach hurt.”
Well sir/ma’am, without eating it, your body will be running on fumes, then get run down. I mean, would you drive your car without gas? Probably not…but you want to run your most important machine on fumes?? Makes no sense! So my response, try smoothies. Smoothies are an awesome way to get all the nutrients your body needs in the morning. Plus they are easy, quick, and convenient (as long as you prep in advance.) Depending on how you prepare your smoothies, they could one of the most nutrient- and enzyme- dense meals of the day. They also have tons of fiber to help you stay full and satisfied to your next meal and they can be made in many different ways…you won’t get bored!
You CANNOT mess up a smoothie. All you really need is a blender, water (or juice…but if you are trying to lose weight keep to water or coconut water), green veggies (spinach, kale, romaine lettuce are all great because they have a light taste), and fruit (I also use a banana for a creamy consistency and whatever else I have in the house…berries, apples, pears, OH MY!) Now have at it!!