* For on-the-go breakfast meals, separate some whole grain (low in sugar) cereal into zip lock bags and add a handful of nuts and dried fruit. Breakfast is so important to jump starting your day.
* Pre-plan and prep your lunches. Weekends are great prep days. Chop some fresh veggies for salads, sandwiches, or stir frys. Fool-proof your week and don’t let a busy life and work schedule derail your health.
* Keep fruit at your desk. If your energy is waning, the sugar will give you a quick boost. Plus, it’s Nature’s candy. No need for the artificial stuff!
* Keep the heart and blood pumping. Do chair squats while on the phone. Do some wall push ups, wall squats, or jumping jacks on break. Take the stairs to the second floor bathroom. Just DON’T sit ALL day. Our bodies were made to move.
* Need a caffeine fix? Try a non-fat latte. It is about 120 calories and will give you the same caffeine buzz as the sugar and fat laden options.
* Dinner time! Don’t blow your diet because the work day was stressful. Have a dinner plan the night before. Always have some frozen veggies on hand. And meat options like chicken and fish should stay on hand. At least having some tuna in the cabinet is better than a Number 3 special at the fast food joint.
You can be healthy and be a mom/working woman/super woman! Just put together a plan and EXECUTE!